Here are some key skills for assessing if a BA’s worth his salt:
- Self-Starter – can they take initiative and run with a project?
- Analysis – can they delve into a problem and understand it?
- Facilitation – can they run workshops with stakeholders?
- Critical Thinking – can they independently assess input?
- Communication – how good are their language skills?
- Presentation – can they clearly explain ideas?
- Solutions focused – can they describe solutions in technical terms?
- Soft skills – can they work with teams to get things done?
- Domain skills – do they have experience in the business domain?